Get ready for the New Year! Not with resolutions but intentions and commitments. Lisa Nichols joins us for our first show of the year to tell us to Live the Life You Want, No Matter What.Â Lisa Nichols, a best selling author, public speaker, teacher and life coach, has been everywhere including Oprah, The Secret, Extra, Larry King Live â€¦ to name a few. Founder of Motivating the Masses, she has brought workshops to over 200,000 teens and over one million adults. In those workshops she talks about The Vision Board Process.
The Vision Board Process is all about:
1. Setting Goals -
Setting your intentions and becoming crystal clear on what they are is the first step in setting a goal. However, when you set a goal, itâ€™s usually just in your mind and not shared with others therefore itâ€™s a secret that no one knows about. When you make the Vision Board and create lists you have more energy attached to it especially by sharing them with others.
2. Energy grows where energy goes –
Wherever you are putting your energy, that area is going to grow, expand and improve to the next level. Areas in your life that arenâ€™t working or are breaking down are usually due to the lack of energy that you are putting into it.Â A Vision Board takes that intention, that energy to the next level. A Vision Board is about you; itâ€™s declaring that, â€œI am doing this for meâ€ and sharing that intention.
3. Sharing -
In sharing your vision with those in you closest circle, they can help hold you accountable, making your intentions crystal clear and non-negotiable.
Lisa Nichols, take thru various trials for our listeners and provides her insight for those that are:
If you have time for your future, then you have time for a Vision Board. A Vision Board is even more important for you. It is about you, not the people in your life who are your focus throughout the day. You have a right to a life while you are a caregiver but you have to claim it. Donâ€™t circle â€˜somedayâ€™ on your calendar; you canâ€™t hit a moving goal. By saying, â€œIâ€™ll do it laterâ€, you might as well be saying, â€œIâ€™ll do it neverâ€. Make time for whatâ€™s important in your future and setting a date will help bring it to life.
If you are struggling and going thru a hard time itâ€™s important to remember that as long as you have breath in your body, you are not done. But you have to be willing to redefine yourself. Unfortunately, as creatures of habit, itâ€™s easier to slip into ruts. Force yourself out of that rut, you need to think what are you willing to do and who else you can become. It might not be what you thought you would do or it what you want to do forever, but itâ€™s a start out of that rut.
In this climate â€“ everything that we are use to is being uprooted. The great thing about that is that we get to redefine everything. Unemployment can be a transition era and an opportunity to cut yourself loose from your resume. Your resume is not your future â€“ itâ€™s your past. This is a great time to make a shift to reinvent yourself and to get serious about who you are. And in this era, the era of creative thinking and Entrepreneurship, find the need and meet it.
Lisa leaves us with these last thoughts and advice
- Your circumstances donâ€™t define you. The experience ends and yet you continue to replay and relive it. Remember this is only a moment; itâ€™s not your life, itâ€™s not your destiny. Donâ€™t take the situation (whether past or present) and make it that you are.
- Look beyond the moment. See beyond the situation; see what you are doing and who you are on the other side. First itâ€™s knowing, than itâ€™s doing.
- No one is perfect but we can perfectly manage our imperfections. Have someone in your life that is helping you to set up to win, to hold you accountable to keep you on your game. This can be a coach, a counselor or anyone that can effectively help you manage your life.
- We arenâ€™t afraid of dying, we are afraid of dying before we do the things we are born to do. Thatâ€™s why itâ€™s important to do anything necessary to reach what we are born to do. No matter what, remove every other option off the table.
- Donâ€™t say, â€œWhat ifâ€. When people say, â€œWhat ifâ€, that says that something is bigger than their determination.
Your assignment for 2011, pick one thing, say no matter what about it, believe it, and watch the mountains stopping you from reaching your goal, become mole holes.
For more information on Motivating the Masses, her latest book and Lisa Nichols please visit her site at Lisa-Nichols.com.
Remember – Your yesterday does not equal your tomorrow you are perfect in your imperfection.
Listen to a recording of the entire show on Wriggling in The Middle.